Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Detoxifying

One of the fun, new things I get to experience through this journey is leg pain. I also got to experience it when I was pregnant, but this pain is in my bones. That is a new adventure for me. Despite my doctor's assurances that the pain would decrease then go away, the pain was getting worse, not better.

I finally paid a visit to my friend Margareta, who has an iconic foot detoxifying bath. After 30 minutes and sediment in the water, my legs felt sore. But it was a different sore than I'd experienced before. Two days later I could stand longer than I had been able to for weeks. In the past I had to choose one thing to do a day - shopping or cooking or cleaning - then I had to sit or lay down. Saturday I went shopping, early in the morning, then made two meals and did dishes. That was huge for me!

It seems that this foot bath helped pull toxins out of my body left there by chemotherapy. 

I also noticed that I don't need to sleep as much, and I wake up much more alert. I am not saying this is to answer to all of the world's ills, but after two visits my legs are feeling a lot better. Hurray!

You can learn more about iconic foot baths here: 

http://www.pacificcollege.edu/acupuncture-massage-news/articles/1304-the-ionic-foot-detox-fact-or-myth.html

1 comment:

  1. Your Aunt M used to have an ionic detox device. I called it the magical liahona ball. I loved it. I might need to get your friend's number to see if I can pay to have it done. So glad it has helped so much!

    ReplyDelete