Monday, January 27, 2014

Aluminum and Teflon

As I go through things that have been in storage for over a year, I am getting rid of LOTS of it. Including my Teflon pans. Why? Oh, just the carcinogen in them. The EPA and companies who make Teflon have agreed to have the cancer-causing agent out of Teflon by 2015. So stainless steel it is for me. Good thing I have my spray-able grape seed  and coconut oils.

I have also ridded myself of products with aluminum in them. Such as: antiperspirant (I found some 'natural' stuff without it), baking soda (I just learned that aluminum-free baking soda exists), and, well, aluminum. It is linked to cancer, breast cancer in particular. Carrageenan is also a carcinogen, and is found in some brands of almond milk and other drinks.

I only put on my skin stuff I could eat. Everything I put on my skin gets absorbed into my body, going to my blood, and well, everywhere. So my lotion is organic and made of stuff I could ingest. My soap is the same. One day, when I have hair to wash again, I'll use shampoo along these lines too.

Perhaps one day I'll even try making lotion...nah, that's not going to happen.

1 comment:

  1. My friend made lotion bars for her friend gifts--coconut oil, almond oil, and a few other natural things. It sounded easy . . . you know . . . if you want to get adventurous! :)

    Oh, and just for the record, I tasted that soap made from edible materials, just out of curiousity. It still tasted like soap! :)

    ReplyDelete