Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!

I got to see my PET scan images today. They were pretty cool. My doctor even showed me the first ones that were taken back in October so we could compare them frame by frame. As of last week there is no detectable cancer anywhere in my body.

Um, HURRAY! That is freaking AWESOME!

All the glowing balls that meant cancer in the first set of images were gone in the second set. All of them. Gone. 

Now I get to stop chemotherapy...that's a relief. Because of my unhappy side effects my doctor agreed to stop the taxol (chemotherapy drug) now, but I still get to take the other two that are antibody drugs (do I hear a whoop! whoop!?).

I'm so happy it's gone. I admit that the changes I've made have been challenging, but they are so worth it that I'm keeping them.

On another note, someone asked me to keep posting all the stuff I'm doing...

So a couple of things I have not mentioned before:

> I take a probiotic daily - research indicates that healthy bacteria in the colon improves the overall health of our bodies.

> I met an essential oil from doTERRA called DDR Prime. Studies show that is has reduced the size of tumors in breast and other cancers. Something about stimulating healthy cell growth. So I thought, 'why not, I'll give it a shot!' It is available for either oral or topical use. I opted for topical. So I rubbed it on my skin over where I knew I had cancer. Pretty easy.

> I eat sauerkraut everyday. It promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the colon. This took me a bit to get used to, but now I really like it. It's especially good with avocado, potatoes, or quinoa.  

> I drink mineral salt, similar to Himalayan salts. They restore minerals our bodies are missing. Usually when our bodies are craving sugar, they really need salt: good, healthy salt. I love taking it.

Thank you for sharing with me in my happy news.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome news! More like a miracle! So glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! Hooray times infinity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! What wonderful news! I also have enjoyed reading about what alternative things you've done to combat the cancer. You're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love you and miss you my friend! So happy to hear such great news!

    ReplyDelete