Sunday, October 19, 2014

Things I Learned this Week

I learned a couple of things this week:

1. ALWAYS walk after an infusion. I was SO sore the next day because I didn't walk afterward. Like I had run a marathon and not stretched after. Talk about tight!

2. Don't begin a mystery novel during an infusion. It is way too tempting to stay up and finish it, and sleep is kind of important after an infusion.

3. When getting a salad at the salad bar, it is best to leave one's half-gallon water jug back at the infusion center. Unless you have three hands of course.

4. When meeting new nurses it is alway a good idea to ask them where they are from and if they like living in Utah. It opens up all sorts of paths to conversations.

5. When having PTA meetings, it's a good idea to have a secretary there. Trying to conduct and take the minutes is a bit challenging. 

6. Emotions connected to the spine have to do with support. My feelings about support have come to the surface, and it has been a great opportunity to work through some misconceptions and false beliefs I had. Hurray for emotional work!

7. I am super supported. By friends, family, my ward, priesthood leaders, random people at Huntsman, and of course God. 

Hurray for learning new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment