Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Adventures

I had my first infusion of the new stuff on Thursday. The best part about the infusion room? 

Yoga.
That's right. Yoga.

I got to have an infusion for 90 minutes, then be observd for 90 minutes, which was new for me. After chemotherapy I have always felt restless, like I need to walk. I think it's my body trying to get the toxins out. Well, after my infusion I could not leave and go for a walk like I did before. That would interfere with the observation part. 

So I did yoga. Right there in the infusion room in front of my chair. The best part is that no one even looked at me strange. I think they have seen more bizarre things than that! After 8 minutes of deep breathing and stretches I felt much better.

Now for the next awesome adventure: I sprained my lower back this morning! It was great! I was supposed to be leaving for activity days in a couple of minutes. I was leaning over the sink in the bathroom and I sneezed. I felt a pop or shift in my lower back, around L5 and then pain radiated out to both sides of my body. I collopased to the floor unable to move or even breath well because of the pain. Pretty intense!

I sat there for several minutes trying to catch my breath, and thinking that I had all the stuff for activity days and I really needed to go. How was I going to do this?

I said a prayer. I explained my situation and asked for healing enough so I could make it to activity days, if that's where He wanted me to be. After the prayer I could get up, and even breath pretty normal. I managed to load the car with art supplies, and drive the block to the activity. 

As I taught about the 13th Article of Faith I had the impression that this is where I needed to be, and that the girls needed to hear what I was saying.

I mean how cool is that? 

It's AWESOME!

This scripture sums up how I feel...

...yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith. (Alma 31:38)

So happy Saturday!

1 comment: