Thursday, December 26, 2013

New Friends

We moved last week. 

I have some new friends:

1- Latex gloves. They protect my very dry, cracked, bleeding fingers from water, other kitchen dangers, and boxes. As one of the unforeseen side effects of chemo, my skin is amazingly dry. Wearing latex gloves when I cook, clean, open boxes, or sort through stuff has eased the pain of my hands a lot. 

2- Keith's pocket box cutter. It cuts tape and boxes and makes opening them or collapsing them a breeze.

3- Curious George cartoons on You Tube. They have entertained my baby many times when I needed to pack, clean, cook or unpack. Now I just need to wean her off of them.

4- Essential oils. I have been standing A LOT this past week, and a consequence has been increased neuropathy in my lower legs and feet. Using oils and resting my legs has helped a great deal. I really just need to figure out how to set up a household while sitting down reading a book.

5- Main floor laundry. No walking laundry up or down stairs. Enough said.

I'm sure that my neighbors are nice, and I've met a few who seem great. Soon I hope to add people to my list of new friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment