Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Green Smoothies and Other Green Things

I was never one for vegetables in smoothies, but now I am. I began with adding spinach, because it's tasteless with fruit. Then I got more agressive and added kale and chard- not so tasteless. I have come up with is recipe that I really like, but I admit it got there in stages.

Green Smoothie:
(OG stands for organic)
OG Kale 1-2 leaves
OG spinach 1-2 cups
OG Chard 1 big leaf, or two small ones
OG berries (strawberries, blue berries, raspberries, cherries, etc.) 1-2 cups
goji berries 1/4 cup - these are detoxifying 
chia seeds 1-2 Tbs - packed with omega 3 & 6
flax seeds 1-2 Tbs - omega 3&6 and cancer fighting
Juice of a whole lemon - liver cleansing
A few sprigs of parsley (not Italian) - liver cleansing
2-3 cups distilled or reverse osmosis water
Sometimes an avacado
Sometimes a banana, but I find that too sweet now
if it's not sweet enough I put in a date 
I also have a green powder with OG algie and other detoxifying agents that I like to 
put in 1 tsp to 2 Tbs. 

As for other green things, my awesome husband has been away at a computer conference. That leaves me with three energetic girls...so the other day we pulled out the wagon and went for a walk around the neighborhood. My two older girls picked grass, weeds, dirt, and rocks to make a home for worms. Result? The oldest child created a box of mixed dirt, but didn't want to take it outside because it might get ruined by rain. It's now in the garage. The second oldest cutie made mud pies...on my porch... right in front of the front door. 

AWESOME! Bring on Spring!

The third result is that my legs felt like lead the next day. This is more walking than I have done in a while because I was saving my leg strength for the most important things.

I guess it's time for another foot bath.

And another smoothie...those make everything better!





1 comment:

  1. And I thought my smoothies were green! I think I am going to have to try your recipe! Glad you felt great enough to take a walk.

    ReplyDelete