Monday, March 24, 2014

The Secondary Emotion

Something I learn again and again is that I am a multidimensional being. When I improve in one area, it brings up things in another. Or when I work in one area, it heals on two or three levels. 

Often times when I feel hurt or am afraid I feel angry. Anger is a secondary emotion that is very useful. It means something needs to change and anger gives the motivation to change it. In order to not stay in anger, however, I have learned that I need to understand the primary emotion behind anger. Am I scared? Hurt? Offended? Proud? Embarrassed? Frustrated (which is having unmet, and often unrealistic expectations)?

It is easier to feel angry, an emotion of change and "control" than it is to feel vulnerable. But when I am truly humble, I allow myself to feel vulnerable and that's where healing occurs.

I once learned that fear is believing a lie, and anger is protecting a lie. Using this as a tool, I am able to locate the lie behind my emotions and work through the emotion at the root...and they get taken care of for good. 

Anger is awesome. When used appropriately I am able find what is really bothering me. It helps me change what needs to be changed, and when it is worked through I feel a much needed calm. 

I don't feel nearly as stressed or upset by things as I used to. I guess letting go of negative emotions and negative energy really pays off.

I feel healthier too!

It's great being multidimensional!

No comments:

Post a Comment