Monday, January 5, 2015

Night Thoughts

Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping. It is at these times that I tend to review my life. Last night as I reviewed scenes from my past, I noticed that most of them were not positive. They brought feelings of discomfort, anxiety, confusion, and regret. 

After I noticed this trend, I thought, "I don't want to feel this way." 

I then began stating positive truths: "I am important. I matter. What I want matters. I am strong. I am supported and loved. I flow with life. Peace of mind is mine. I take in and give out love equally." Along with others.

This activity rid my thoughts of the confusion, regret, anxiety and discomfort. I felt peace and began to drift into peaceful slumber. 

There was a time, several months ago, that stateing positive affirmations occurred multiple times daily. Lately, I have allowed other commitments to push out the positive thought patterns, and those negative ones like to come back in. Sneaky little guys!

I also noticed that when I don't exercise I don't sleep as well, and my thoughts tend to drift to the negative. Go exercise!!!

My positive affirmation for today: I lovely forgive and release everything in my past. I choose to feel my world with joy. I love and approve of myself. 

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar barrage of negativity last night, too. I like your approach. I tried distracting myself away from the emotional intensity, and then writing through things. I think I will try to do positive affirmations next time. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete