Friday, January 23, 2015

PET Scan Adventures

Coming from my fifth PET scan is a great thing. It is the only scan during which I felt sick. This shows improvement in something, though I'm not sure what just yet. 

The best part of my doctor visit yesterday was that I was helped by so many people with names beginning with the letter "B". The two MAs, both "B" names, my PA and her intern, both "B" names. Because of this, we renamed my doctor Bruce, and the nurse, Bob, so they fit in too.   

The PET scan indicated the the cancer lesions in my bones are healing and shrinking. There are no new tumors - always a plus. The tumor in my lymph node is gone, and the one in my breast is almost gone. All of the metabolic activity in the cancer cells has decreased - also a plus. 

The best part about Kadslya, besides that it works? For two days after I receive a treatment, I feel nauseous like I did when I was pregnant. That, "I'm not going to vomit, but I feel like I could and I'm light headed," feeling. Good times. Eating the right kind of foods helps to stave off the nausea, kind of like pregnancy. Maybe they are more related than I ever knew!





2 comments: