Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tumors and Vertigo

I learned the other day at the doctor that the tumor in my breast has shrunk a lot. It was first measured (via an MRI) at 7 cm x 4 cm x 2 cm, so roughly the size of a long lemon. It is now (2 months later) about 2 cm, or the size of a small almond.

Both my doctor and his physician's assistant (PA) we're excited to see such progress. I got the impression from the PA that this was really rapid tumor shrinkage, and it was encouraging to hear.

On another note, I woke up Monday morning so dizzy I couldn't get out go bed for 20 minutes, and could barely walk. Someone else had to drive my daughters to school, because driving was out of the question. It improved later in the day, and by Tuesday was all but gone.

However, because I'm a cancer patient, I reported the symptom to my doctor, who sent me to an acute care clinic the same day.

Her analysis?

"Because you are a cancer patient, nothing is normal, so we have to check everything. But sometimes even cancer patients get normal things."
It wasjust an inner ear unbalance.

So no brain scan this week!
Bummer, that could be a fun adventure!

But it was a very fun adventure to go to an acute care clinic for the first time. Plus, I got to have my blood pressure taken close to eight times, all in different positions.
That was also a first.

So hurray for tumor shrinkage, and hurray for being normal!!

1 comment:

  1. Good news! So glad to hear it! Clearly you're on the right track--you and the doctors, both. And that vertigo is something else isn't it? It may be normal, but who knew have inner ear inbalance can make everything feel so NOT normal. Hope you're feeling better from that too!

    PS--We sent a package. Let me know if you don't get it.

    PSS--Congratulations on your new house!

    ReplyDelete