Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pilgrim 5K

I participated in my first 5K race this fine Thanksgiving morning. It was a lovely walk with my 71 year-old mother. I had other sisters who participated, but they all ran and left us in the dust. 

One runner got hit by a deer; I bet that's something you don't hear every day about racing. The guy came around a corner, and a deer was there. Cool story in that runner's world.

I even had a piece of pie for dessert today. How did I manage that and still eat clean? Thanks to my awesome sister-in-law and this website: http://cleancuisineandmore.com
It worked out great!

I am amazed at the wealth of clean recipes available. I believe my taste buds have changed, and that I like foods now that maybe I would not have months ago. 

On another note, I enjoyed a lymphatic massage a couple of weeks ago. It did wonders on my feet that have been struggling a bit with neuropathy. I am also doing lymph brushing which has assisted my body in releasing toxins and other goo. For more on lymph brushing, check out this video, it gives some basic info: 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZfMhXsjXeQ

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment