Thursday, September 18, 2014

Best Scan EVER!

I had the best scan I have ever had last week. I kind of broke some of the rules, which is probably why it was so cool. For a PET scan after a patient is injected with radioactive sugar they are supposed to sit still and relax in a dark room and drink goo. It gets really old, especially since after you do that for over an hour, you then go lay on a table and hold completely still for another 40 minutes.

So, when I was supposed to be relaxing and drinking goo, I read a book. I also only drank half the goo, doing this so I could keep it down. I feel that activities to prevent boredom-induced comas are important in the healing process.

The scan showed lots of cool activity all over! Awesome! The cancer spread to lots of places in my spine, which is new and very exciting. It's still in one lymph node and the tumors in the breast have grown a bit. I knew the treatment was not working, but now I know where it has spread. Very cool.

Now what I get to do:

I get to do work on support - that's what emotions are linked to the spine.
I get to do work on diet - cut out all animal protein
I get to do work on spiritually - because when all is said and done, that is where healing comes from.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. I feel blessed to be able to heal, learn and grow here in mortality. 

And I'm just so thankful for this opportunity. 

Hurray!

I now get to visit with my doctor and see what he says. Dun...Dun...Dun...

3 comments:

  1. More prayers your way. I love you! I love your thankful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! We have total faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you! Keep in touch. When do you see the Dr?

    ReplyDelete