Sunday, October 20, 2013

Anxiety


Anxiety occurs when we are living in the past, or in the future. Peace comes when we live in the present.

One thing that has helped me through this awesome process is living in the present. I CANNOT change the past. I can learn from it. I can heal from its affects, but it's done.

I DO NOT know what the future brings. Worrying about it only robs today of its joy. So I do what I can now, I work hard and pray for guidance. I enjoy the small moments with my husband and daughters. And I let God take care of the rest. 

God has given me power. My power is love. When I claim my power miracles happen. 

Satan's counterfeit to power is control. He tries to make us think being in control is somehow better. That with us at the wheel things would be great. But it's a lie. Any attempt to control only leads to anxiety and stress. 

When we claim the power of love that God has given us, and trust Him, there is peace. By claiming my power I also take responsibility for my choices and actions. When control is involved we often blame others or blame situations for our actions. Here again we are not at peace, but adding anxiety to our lives. When we blame others we have no power to change because we just gave our power away to those we are blaming. 

Sometimes I wonder if the whole purpose of life is to learn to trust God enough to relinquish feeling of wanting to control. Then to claim my power of love and truly follow and truly trust Him, implicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment