Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lift Up Your Heads

Many people seem surprised by my cheerful attitude when it comes to this awesome journey involving cancer and its ramifications. In answer to the often expressed, "my, you seem cheerful," I refer you to the following scripture.

I feel this sums up the "why" that is implied, but never verbalized.

Mosiah 24 12-16

12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their ahearts to him; and he did know the bthoughts of their hearts.
 13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand asbwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didastrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
And I believe the next verse too, which gives me the 'reason for the hope that is in me'...
16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.
This scripture warms my heart, and helps me to feel that I am not alone. I feel I must have signed up for this somewhere, and I'm okay with that. Really, I am.

4 comments:

  1. Well said. I love the scriptures and the power they bring into our lives. You are an example to us all. Good luck with treatments my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, you are so supportive to others. Thank you for always taking time to share your love. It makes a difference.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Delores. And thank you for your example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again. :) I was pondering Jacob 3:1-2 this morning. Those verses remind me of you. You are an amazing example of a woman with a firm mind.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete