Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hair

We did it! We cut off my hair.

It was AWESOME!

My hair was falling out by the bucket load, and yes, that is a metric bucket load for those who need to know.

Now when I look at myself in the mirror I think of my brothers. Perhaps it's because my youngest brother sported a buzz for a long time -- I guess he still does. Or perhaps it's because none of them really have hair, or perhaps my hair has been such a defining feature of my appearance for so long that without it it's just hard to wrap my mind around how I look.

Both of my older girls helped to cut my hair and they each saved some, "so we can compare it when your hair grows back in, Mom."

We went to a school meeting last night, so I wore one of my wigs. My husband came late, and he said he only recognized me by my voice. Maybe I'll change wigs every time I want to go unnoticed somewhere.

What a fun adventure this is!

1 comment:

  1. We need a picture! I bet it is beautiful. Strong and full of faith always is! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete