Monday, October 21, 2013

Weight Loss


One of the side effects of my lifestyle changes is that I have lost some weight. I had no intention of loosing weight, nor did I think I really needed to. I was perfectly happy with how I looked. 

In fact, if someone were to promote the same lifestyle changes to me as a way to loose weight, I would not have listened or even considered implementing them. I guess I'm just tainted by weight loss claims that are not healthy and the promoters only care about making money.

I shake my head when people are sick and end up loosing weight, and then get comments like, "you look great!" When they don't look great, they look sick. It seems that we are so focused on weight loss in our culture, that no matter how we loose weight it is perceived as a great thing.

So, overall I am happy with the weight loss, because it is an outward manifestation of the healthy changes my body is making on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment